Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Book Cover of the Week - by Louise Tripp

Working as a shelver in a public library, I tend to derive a certain amount of glee from book covers that make me giggle. More often than not, pulp novels are the objects of my amusement. For instance, this one: Another Kind of Love by Paula Christian. The blurb on the back begins with this telling sentence:
"The moment Laura Garraway shares a forbidden kiss with Hollywood starlet Ginny Adams, she discovers a missing piece of herself."

It goes on to describe the "cigarette-and-martini-drenched gay bars of the Village." Oh, yes.

Is it just me or does the cover remind you of the female characters from Mad Men?

Challenge: Recreate this cover in photographs and I'll post it here next week.


Louise Tripp grew up in North Carolina. She currently lives in Chicago, where she is revising her first YA novel and working in a public library.

No comments:

Post a Comment