Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Book Cover of the Week - by Louise Tripp

I don't read romance novels. At least, not the kind that you find in the romance section of your usual library or bookstore. I don't look down on those who do – it's a perfectly valid genre and I think plenty of very intelligent men and women read from it – but it's just not my thing. As I've admitted before, I sometimes judge books by their covers – and bodice-ripper covers rarely intrigue me.

picture by Bill Ohms
Nevertheless, as a tribute to romance fans, I chose this week's book cover from the section that usually holds books by Danielle Steel, Jude Devereaux and Debbie Macomber. Only, this book (by a lesser-known author than any of the above titans of the genre) looks less like the usual fare and might just as well fall under the newish label of “chick lit.” I noticed it while shelving one night awhile ago and coming across it still makes me chuckle. What library-lovin' lady (or man) couldn't find humor in the title The Dewey Decimal System of Love?

Challenge: Recreate this cover in photographs and I'll post it here next week.

Louise Tripp grew up in North Carolina. She currently lives in Chicago, where she is revising her first YA novel and working in a public library. You can read her regular blog at http://risktoblossom.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment